How to Use Reverse IP Tools to Audit Marketing Output
Do you know if your sales and marketing activities are driving the correct buyers to your website?
One of our partners from Lead Forensics, Tyler Witt, recently conducted an audit for one of his customers that was looking for ways to improve their marketing output.
The Lead Forensics Reverse IP website visitor identification tool was at the forefront of the audit because it allows you to measure the types of companies that are coming to your website.
The company he was doing an audit for has an ICP (ideal customer profile) that falls in the Retail Apparel industry.
Less than 5% of their traffic was within their ICP and they had zero idea! Check out what else he found.
Here’s What the Audit Uncovered:
- The company hired a third-party marketing agency that didn’t have experience in B2B. They had experience with Apparel, but in selling to consumers, not businesses.
- They were targeting Facebook, TikTok, and other user-based social media platforms.
- They were going for quantity over quality. Typical “but look at all the clicks, the leads will start coming in any day now.”
- They didn’t have insight into their marketing company’s activities. They were relying on that company to report back. Seriously, if you ask someone, “How’s everything going?” they are most likely going to respond with “Great!”. Trust but verify.
- They were targeting mobile.
- They hadn’t set up geographic restrictions.
- Their keywords and interests were way too broad.
Presented The Findings and Here’s What Changed:
- Facebook ad spending decreased dramatically.
- Removed TikTok and Instagram entirely. Those accounts are now only used to share free organic company posts.
- Google PPC ad spending decreased with more targeted keywords.
- Set up Lead Forensics and sales alerts for sales.
- Strategized on a basic ABM (Account-Based Marketing) program into larger accounts.
- Uploaded current leads lists to get notified when prospects are back in the market.
Results of the Changes:
- Total marketing spend went from $15k per month to under $10k per month.
- Appointments went from 2 per week to 7 per week in under 60 days.
- Existing Marketing company renewed customer!
Data-Backed Decision Making
Having website visitor data can help you do so much more than just sell smarter. You can optimize across your sales and marketing teams for better performance.
Bay MarketForce uses Reverse IP on our client’s campaigns so we can be more efficient with all of our sales development, outbound, inbound, and digital marketing programs.
In the case described above, adding Reverse IP will provide Tyler’s customer an annual ad expense reduction of $60,000. And they should see about 260 more appointments over the year.
For more great tidbits about using Reverse IP to make smarter sales and marketing decisions, check out Tyler’s LinkedIn Page.